
So...I've noticed that a few of you, whose blogs I read, post recipes and pics of your delectable dishes...I make no promises...this may not be a regular occurance...you may not find this recipe to be worth trying, but we really enjoyed it on this 33 degree TX night, so here it is.
Turkey Chili Verde (from "Weight Watchers Simply Delicious")
27 g of protein...way too many carbs if you're a carb counter
2 tsp canola oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, minced (I used 2 tsp of minced garlic from a jar)
1 lb. ground, skinless turkey breast
3 T chili powder
1/2 lb tomatillas, husks removed and halved (I used 5 good sized tomatillas)
1 tsp ground cumin
1 4oz can chopped green chiles, drained
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 15oz cans cannelini (white kidney) beans, drain and rinse
1 tsp sugar
Heat oil in large saucepan/stockpot. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and sautee for about 8 minutes or until softened. Add turkey, chili powder, & cumin. Cook over med heat until turkey browns, break up the turkey as it cooks.
Meanwhile puree the tomatillas, chiles, and cilantro in a food processor, then add to the turkey mixture. Stir in the broth, beans, & sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered about 45 minutes until mix is thickened and flavors are blended.
Monday, January 21, 2008
turkey chili verde
Posted by The Richards at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
do we have leftovers? sounds good
Yummy...I'm gonna steal this one!!
I went from Pioneer Woman's blog to yours, and WOW! You have recipes and pictures, too. Now I won't have to see what Pioneer Woman is cooking. I'll just expect new recipes and pictures from you each day!
Post a Comment