Well, not really, but when it comes to eating casseroles I was. My Dad is not a fan of casseroles....or even their distant relatives. So the only time I had the pleasure was at holidays or at friends' houses. At some point along the way I tasted casserole style chicken spaghetti. I didn't realize until years later while trying to replicate the taste of that one particular CS that not all Chicken Spaghetti(s) are created equally!
I have found a recipe, for what just might be the closest to "the one" I've been searching for. :)
It is actaully my friend Janie Wright's recipe. However, I always feel the need to tweek recipes, so I've made a change or two.
I am actually taking this dish over to some friends who recently had their second baby. I hope they find it yummy on this dreary, rainy day! What is your favorite casserole recipe? Please share!...like I said, I was deprived!
Janie Wright’s Chicken Spaghetti
1 whole chicken or a couple of chicken breasts
1 green bell pepper - diced
1 onion – diced
1 small pkg Velveeta
1 pkg spaghetti (or any pasta you enjoy)
1 can Rotel
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
black pepper and salt to taste (I always use more seasoning than called for)
a pat of butter
Sautee onion and bell pepper in one skillet, begin boiling spaghetti in another pot (I use bouillion in the water). Begin cooking the chicken...the recipe calls for boiling, but I like to season it and cook it in an electric skillet. Once chicken is cooked dice it and add to sautee skillet. Then add Rotel, Velveeta C of C soup, cumin, g powder, & c powder to the sautéed mix.
I like to then stir everything together and put in casserole dish. Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
I was deprived as a child...
Posted by The Richards at 9:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey Joey and Allison! I found your blog through another blog and I love your pictures of Case! He's so adorable and growing too fast! Tyson will be 8 months tomorrow, so I recently started a blog for the Boto family. It's great to see what's going on w/ ya'll and we look forward to seeing you at the Hacker's Cup. :)
tara and aaron
I like that one for chicken spaghetti. I have perfected my Nana's..it's tomato based. I told my aunt Nella this week that we must move on to Nana's chicken & dumplings, they were to die for. Did you eat with us at her house in Douglassville when you came up to visit? She was fabulous!!
I'll share any casserole recipes your little heart desires..what are you looking for main, side??
Thanks for the negatives, they arrived yesterday.
Post a Comment