Thursday, February 21, 2008

"new" breakfast idea

Well, new to us anyway...
Okay, so I have failed at my attempt to post a recipe regularly. Thanks for the reminder!(lol)
Not too long ago we stayed with Joey’s great Aunt Betty in Dallas. Betty and Nanny kept Case while J&I and another couple went to see U23D (awesome show by the way). The next morning Aunt Betty made steel cut oats, which I had heard of but assumed was just a marketing ploy to charge twice the price for run of the mill oatmeal....Turns out it is really good and NOT your mama’s oatmeal!
I ended up buying them at our neighborhood health food store after checking WM, Kroger and Albertson’s, they were still reasonably priced @ $4 for 1.5 lbs. I followed the stovetop instructions and just before they were finished I added a bit of Brummel & Brown, chopped walnuts, and dried cranberries. Case gobbled up his serving and then took over my bowl. I think he liked it!?
6 g protein
8 g fiber
3 g fat
and really yummy!

0 comments: