Sunday, April 06, 2008

impromptu bluebonnet pics

Well, we did not set out to take pictures in the bluebonnets today, but we were struck by the beauty of a nicely slopped hill that was covered with Bluebonnets and dotted with a few Indian Paintbrush and Coreopsis. Of course, we did have the camera, but then again....we usually do. We decided the BBQ we were after could wait a few more minutes. Afterall, it was that special time of day that photographers love, there was a prime spot that every Texan would be proud of and we just happened to have a kiddo with us that we thought looked pretty cute...even if he wasn't dressed in his "bluebonnet outfit". Before you ask, yes, he does have an outfit that was purchased with this ritual in mind. I know, I know, I know...BUT, I recognize the fact that here in a few years he won't allow something as ridiculous as taking pictures in a patch of flowers to take place..."pictures in flowers? c'mon mom, how g**!" I can hear it now! So, YES while I still has a say HE has an outfit just for this silly thing that happens every spring in Texas! Here are our first bluebonnet pics!

On a side note, we don't make a habit of picking wildflowers, but the damage was done before we could stop it!

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/director_staff/public_information/pr032602.htm



5 comments:

Cloy Richards said...

the bluebonnets may not be in peak bloom yet but Case sure is...
can't wait to see him and you guys this weekend

The Garners said...

How neat--what a great tradition. We do the jonquil patch here (Wye Mtn.), and I'm sure Rhett will not want to go very much longer. Actually, even this year, he told me, "Flower fields are boring." :) Cute pictures--glad you took the time to stop on the way to get BBQ!

KK said...

As usual, his blue eyes rival the beauty of the bluebonnets!

Heather said...

Beautiful pics of Case..love those big blue eyes!!

Missy said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I found your blog through a google search for places to take pictures in Bluebonnetts. You are a wonderful photographer! Do you mind sharing this GREAT spot? I've been wanting to take pictures of my 2-yo before they disappear!